Every season Rebecca and Christina take the red eye to New York City in search of the next big thing and the most amazing trends of the season. We CAN'T WAIT for spring, so we had to give you a preview of everything we found. Crisp white, stripes, candy colours, pleats and so so much more! Follow along with Rebecca's diary as they take Manhattan in search of the best of the best for Spring 2015.
- Started off the day with Camilla & Marc. Bright neon pinks and pleats…just the way we like it!
- Moved on to Smythe for candy coloured blazers. Then off to the Highline for cocktails with some New York friends. Next up was the stunning ICB by Prabal Gurung show (seen below).
- Finally, we ended the day with a delicious dinner with our best friends at Babbo.
- Started the day in one of my favorite spots in the city, Bryant Park. Headed to the showroom (above) of one of our favorite brands, A.L.C. Such a gorgeous collection. Lots of black and white with pops of bright neons. Loved it!
- Next, we headed downtown to one of our favorite showrooms to see M. Patmos, Harvey Faircloth and Allude cashmere. Then we went to see the designers Alexa Adams and Flora Gill for Ohne Titel. Bold leopard prints in gorgeous knits… that only they do best.
- We finished the day at The Ace Hotel for a cocktail and a snack at their delicious restaurant The Breslin.
- Bright and early in midtown to see Mother of Pearl. Stunning prints on gorgeous silks. Great way to start an early morning…
- Next we saw a gorgeous new brand called Tome. Beautiful pink lace, gold lamé jacket, mid-length lace skirts… just gorgeous!! Then we headed over to see Joseph, Frank & Eileen and Roseanna. Joseph was very strong for spring as always. Lots of sheer cut-outs and luxurious silks.
- That afternoon we went down to the East Village to see one of our favourite spring collections, RHIÉ. We were so excited to finally meet the designer, Rhié Yamagata in person. She had just won an award at the Milan Fashion Film Festival for Best Director, Best Art Direction and Best Film!! The collection was spectacular…loved so many pieces. We can’t wait for it to arrive!
- We decided to end the day at one of our favourite restaurants in New York City, Balthazar. We had their Steak au Poivre with spinach and pommes frites and a couple glasses of the Chateauneuf-du-Pape Vieux Lazaret 2011. Get that for your wine cellar stat!
- Well, almost end. After dinner we headed to the Gansevoort for cocktails with one of our favourite clients who lives in New York City. We sat on the patio for a wonderful evening while overlooking the city of lights. They also introduced us to the manager of the new Céline store in Soho. She was a delight and invited to come for a tour of the new location (below). We went the next day and it blew our minds. It is one of the most beautifully decorated stores I have even seen. The pink marble display shelves, the marble floor details, the gilded change room doors… it was like walking through a beautiful museum. Not to mention the bags, shoes and clothes!!
- After staying with some dear friends in Brooklyn, we checked in to The Standard East Village – fabulous room.
- The first appointment was Tibi in Soho, then we were off to see Clu, Tess Giberson and R13 denim. Afterwards we stopped in at Kirna Zabete to see their new collections. We always love their fun neon signs (below).
- Our next stop was a showroom on Centre Street where we saw Être Cécile and spotted Beth Richards swimwear from Vancouver! Then it was off to Epistomology for drinks with some friends and a little walk through the Italian Festival.
- Home to bed for pizza!
- Early call time with a 9am appointment to see a new brand for us called Cacharel from Paris. Stunning beautiful silhouettes, feminine prints and silks. So looking forward to introducing the brand to our Vancouver clientele.
- Next we were off to ATM tees and then the Capsule Show to see Janessa Leone hats. Following a quick lunch at Felix on the patio, we went to Bergdorf’s where we shopped and bought some killer shoes with our lovely sales guy, Carlos: Givenchy pumps and Manolo plaid pumps.
- Finally to the Red Door Spa for much needed massages!
- It's our day off, so we slept in and had a wonderful brunch with one of our Vancouver besties who was also in town. Spotted Jason Schwartzman!!
- We walked to Soho for some window shopping where we spotted one of our favourite Aussie celebrity couples, Lara BIngle and Sam Worthington! Love this city.
- Back to the Céline store…too good to only visit once! We walked the Highline which was incredibly relaxing. Such a gorgeous way to view the city. Then we popped into the restaurant at The Standard for a snack.
- We finished the day with a quick viewing of the IRO collection in Soho and then off dinner with all our New York friends at Hearth.
- For our last day we went to the Coterie show to see Marie Saint Pierre, Mother Denim and many more.
- After the show we went to Barney’s to see their latest collections. We could spend hours in Barney’s. We always say it’s our museum. A quick stop in at one of my all time favourite boutiques, Curve, resulted in us in the dressing room trying on some incredible pieces. I particularly loved a black lace dress by Alessandra Rich.
- Before we departed New York that night we had to stop at the famous Lombardi's for pizza on our way to the airport. Our favourite is the Margarita. SO GOOD!
- Until next season!
Visit us in store now for some amazing pre-spring arrivals. Watch this space for a gorgeous spring collection!