There's something about a swooped hem and nipped in waist that makes a blazer so feminine. I am in love with this one from Smythe Les Vestes. The Canadian outerwear brand is renowned for their contemporary tailoring and attention to detail. The Riding Jacket ($595) has it all. The fit is so spectacular and it can be worn in so many different ways, dressing it up or down. I love it with a turtleneck, skinny jeans and a great boot. A twist on equestrian style, it's the perfect fall look.
1. "My role as a designer is to make a woman feel her very best." We lost an incredible visionary this week and it hit close to home. Suzy Menkes wrote a wonderful tribute to the late designer, Oscar de la Renta. (via Vogue UK)
2. We're taking style notes from the Seventies. Style icons to channel this fall. (via Harper's Bazaar)
3. Cara Delevingne shared her beauty tricks has us doing headstands. (via InStyle)
4. One of the best red carpets around, Cannes Film Festival is looking at a fashion festival. (via The New York Times)
5. And finally, we launched our online store! We're so excited to share our new website with you. Now let's go shopping!!!
Helmut Newton Polaroids (Taschen). Such an amazing collection of test photos from the famed fashion photographer.
Grace: A Memoir (Random House). Vogue's longtime Creative Director Grace Coddington has led an amazing life and reading about it is inspiring.
Empress of Fashion: A Life of Diana Vreeland (Thames & Hudson). You can't have a fashion library without a book about the legend that is Diana Vreeland.
Vanity Fair 100 Years (Abrams). The parties! The celebrity interviews! A full century of fabulous from one of our favourite magazines.
The Fashion Book - New Edition (Phaidon). Vogue called this "the fashion bible". It'll be something you find yourself reading over and over again.
Vogue: The Editor's Eye (Conde Nast). Celebrating the work of their incredible fashion editors throughout the years.
Christian Louboutin (Rizzoli). A look back through 20 years of the shoe designer's finest designs and most beautiful work to date.
Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty (The Metropolitan Museum of Art). A most important tribute to the late British designer who's impact on fashion can never be underestimated.