- Started off the day with Camilla & Marc. Bright neon pinks and pleats…just the way we like it!
- Moved on to Smythe for candy coloured blazers. Then off to the Highline for cocktails with some New York friends. Next up was the stunning ICB by Prabal Gurung show (seen below).
- Finally, we ended the day with a delicious dinner with our best friends at Babbo.
- Started the day in one of my favorite spots in the city, Bryant Park. Headed to the showroom (above) of one of our favorite brands, A.L.C. Such a gorgeous collection. Lots of black and white with pops of bright neons. Loved it!
- Next, we headed downtown to one of our favorite showrooms to see M. Patmos, Harvey Faircloth and Allude cashmere. Then we went to see the designers Alexa Adams and Flora Gill for Ohne Titel. Bold leopard prints in gorgeous knits… that only they do best.
- We finished the day at The Ace Hotel for a cocktail and a snack at their delicious restaurant The Breslin.
- Bright and early in midtown to see Mother of Pearl. Stunning prints on gorgeous silks. Great way to start an early morning…
- Next we saw a gorgeous new brand called Tome. Beautiful pink lace, gold lamé jacket, mid-length lace skirts… just gorgeous!! Then we headed over to see Joseph, Frank & Eileen and Roseanna. Joseph was very strong for spring as always. Lots of sheer cut-outs and luxurious silks.
- That afternoon we went down to the East Village to see one of our favourite spring collections, RHIÉ. We were so excited to finally meet the designer, Rhié Yamagata in person. She had just won an award at the Milan Fashion Film Festival for Best Director, Best Art Direction and Best Film!! The collection was spectacular…loved so many pieces. We can’t wait for it to arrive!
- We decided to end the day at one of our favourite restaurants in New York City, Balthazar. We had their Steak au Poivre with spinach and pommes frites and a couple glasses of the Chateauneuf-du-Pape Vieux Lazaret 2011. Get that for your wine cellar stat!
- Well, almost end. After dinner we headed to the Gansevoort for cocktails with one of our favourite clients who lives in New York City. We sat on the patio for a wonderful evening while overlooking the city of lights. They also introduced us to the manager of the new Céline store in Soho. She was a delight and invited to come for a tour of the new location (below). We went the next day and it blew our minds. It is one of the most beautifully decorated stores I have even seen. The pink marble display shelves, the marble floor details, the gilded change room doors… it was like walking through a beautiful museum. Not to mention the bags, shoes and clothes!!
- After staying with some dear friends in Brooklyn, we checked in to The Standard East Village – fabulous room.
- The first appointment was Tibi in Soho, then we were off to see Clu, Tess Giberson and R13 denim. Afterwards we stopped in at Kirna Zabete to see their new collections. We always love their fun neon signs (below).
- Our next stop was a showroom on Centre Street where we saw Être Cécile and spotted Beth Richards swimwear from Vancouver! Then it was off to Epistomology for drinks with some friends and a little walk through the Italian Festival.
- Home to bed for pizza!
- Early call time with a 9am appointment to see a new brand for us called Cacharel from Paris. Stunning beautiful silhouettes, feminine prints and silks. So looking forward to introducing the brand to our Vancouver clientele.
- Next we were off to ATM tees and then the Capsule Show to see Janessa Leone hats. Following a quick lunch at Felix on the patio, we went to Bergdorf’s where we shopped and bought some killer shoes with our lovely sales guy, Carlos: Givenchy pumps and Manolo plaid pumps.
- Finally to the Red Door Spa for much needed massages!
- It's our day off, so we slept in and had a wonderful brunch with one of our Vancouver besties who was also in town. Spotted Jason Schwartzman!!
- We walked to Soho for some window shopping where we spotted one of our favourite Aussie celebrity couples, Lara BIngle and Sam Worthington! Love this city.
- Back to the Céline store…too good to only visit once! We walked the Highline which was incredibly relaxing. Such a gorgeous way to view the city. Then we popped into the restaurant at The Standard for a snack.
- We finished the day with a quick viewing of the IRO collection in Soho and then off dinner with all our New York friends at Hearth.
- For our last day we went to the Coterie show to see Marie Saint Pierre, Mother Denim and many more.
- After the show we went to Barney’s to see their latest collections. We could spend hours in Barney’s. We always say it’s our museum. A quick stop in at one of my all time favourite boutiques, Curve, resulted in us in the dressing room trying on some incredible pieces. I particularly loved a black lace dress by Alessandra Rich.
- Before we departed New York that night we had to stop at the famous Lombardi's for pizza on our way to the airport. Our favourite is the Margarita. SO GOOD!
- Until next season!
Images found via Small Girl Blogging, Snob Blog, They All Hate US, Pinterest, Wishbones and Wanderlust
Photo by Nicole Gurney.
Can you give us a sneak peek at what's coming up for The Sleep Shirt's spring collection?
We've tried to keep Spring 2015 light and a bit more colourful than usual, with a few new checks and stripes available in our classic shapes. One of my favourite fabrics is the Swiss Dot cotton, which is slightly sheer. We carried it for Resort but are offering it for Spring in some new shapes, including a very cute babydoll dress. The shape I am most excited about is the Sleeping Tunic, which is a sleeveless tunic that you can wear to bed or as loungewear. I'll be wearing mine (in white linen) with jeans or over a swimsuit in summer.
Stay tuned for new arrivals from The Sleep Shirt for spring. Click here to shop the classic collection and our exclusive collaboration, Bonne Nuit.
There's something about finding the perfect leather jacket that pretty much feels like you've discovered your soul mate. That's exactly how we felt when we found Francis Leon, a label founded in 2010 and based in London, by way of Australia. Mixing Japanese cotton, neoprene, sportmesh and other sleek performance fabrics with supple Italian leather is their signature. Talk about an global sensation! We love their cheeky attitude and the cool way they find inspiration in in the pages of old superhero comic books, in the manifesto of the Italian Futurists, and in the systemic strength of urban landscapes and fast machines. A leather jacket is a must-have wardrobe investment for every woman, but we consider a jacket by Francis Leon is an investment in life.
Click here to shop Francis Leon on sale now! And stay tuned for more from this brand at Rebecca Bree.
1. SO many stunning looks on the red carpet, but we had to agree with this Golden Globes best dressed list. Running into Emma Stone at Nobu in LA a few days later kind of sealed the deal for us too. (via Harper's Bazaar)
2. Spring is all about longer skirts so we're starting early with this maxi skirt primer. (via Style.com)
3. Men's fashion weeks hit London and Florence and the streets got decidedly more dapper. (via TheCut.com)
4. Simon Doonan gives the best beauty tip of all time. (via Into the Gloss)
5. We finally got around to cleaning out our closets using this genius guide for fashion lovers. (via Vogue)
This is a super chic look for winter. I love pairing grey and camel together and Dutch blogger Lucy de Boer has it down to a tee. Easy separates, all layered up. It’s such a luxurious colour combo. Here's how to get the look:
It's that time of year where we have full respect for our winter wardrobes but can't wait for spring. We've been feeling inspired by Australian line Camilla and Marc lately as their diffusion line C&M Swim pre-Spring collection just arrived. Something about dreaming of a tropical retreat – or taking one! – feels so right when wearing citrus fruit and stripes. They're even better together. Shop C&M Swim here.
Images found via blog.shopkoshka.com, stylelist.com913, laurenleighvalentine.blogspot.com, The Man Repeller, bloglosalgado.com.br, Sandra’s Closet, moda.vocerolatinonews.com, Who What Wear and The Fashion Tag.
1. HUGE changes at New York Fashion Week as Mercedes-Benz bows out as a sponsor. (via the New York Times)
2. Céline debuted the great American author Joan Didion as the face of their Spring 2015 campaign which had us wondering: are literary stars the new it crowd in fashion? (via Style.com)
3. We're still not sure about Google Glass, but with new jewelry options wearable tech continues to get more fashionable. (via Fashionista)
4. London-based Canadian Caroline Issa, fashion director of Tank magazine, talked about dipping her toe into fashion design. (via Vogue.com)
5. Red carpet season has begun! The People's Choice Awards gave us our first taste of this year's award season style. (via InStyle)
Shannon Heth is a constant source of inspiration. She's a mother (with baby number 2 on the way!), the founder and director of a successful lifestyle PR agency in Vancouver, Heth PR, finds time to write travel and art pieces for local magazines, and she does it all with enviable style. We love how she isn't afraid of colour, or turning heads, and she has mastered the art of the bold accessory. Plus, her shoe collection is insanely amazing!
We wanted to find out what an average day in Shannon's busy life looks like, so just before the holidays she gave us the inside scoop.